Friday, May 27, 2011

Haircut for Kids @ Powai

While there are quite a few hair cutting salons for adults.It is still difficult to find a good place for kids haircuts. 


Till recently, I have been cutting my daughter's hair but now as she is growing up it seems like a tedious affair.
So, here I am searching for a good, child friendly 'haircut place' in Powai... and the search still continues. 
I have tried two till now and here are my experiences: 


Enrich: 
Address: Ventura G-4 Central Avenue Rd Udyan,, Hiranandani Business Park Powai, Mumbai
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400076. Contact no. - 022 2570 8334

This is the first place I tried as it looked really professional and I thought, as long as they are good I wouldn't mind shelling out Rs.250 for a child's haircut. 
The place looked neat and is mostly crowded. If you happen to be a walk in then the wait could range from 5 to 15 minutes. The staff is polite. 
I wanted a simple girly short haircut for my daughter but for some reason the stylist insisted on side burns. Seriously, sideburns !!? it made my daughter look like Elvis. 
To top it all, my daughter was crying halfway through the haircut so, I had to quickly jump in to salvage the situation and guide him so, the damage done to my child's look is minimal. 
The experience was so not worth it, and my baby ended up with a 'katori cut' - Thank god it grows fast. So, luckily it was a quick recovery from the haircut disaster. 
For children's haircut I would rate Enrich 3/10 as the final result disappointed me and I feel it was not worth it at all.


Jawed Habibs @ Galleria: 
Address: Salon. 8 ,Hiranandani Galleria Market ,Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra ( North ) - 400076. 022-9819571324.


This is the next place I tried and the experience was definitely better than the  previous one. The place is small and can look a bit dingy. It is not too crowded and the wait is around 5 to 10 minutes if you are without an appointment. 




The stylist who cut my daughter's hair knew his job. He started out sniping quickly and just when my daughter was about to lose her patience completely he wrapped it up. 
The charges are approx. Rs. 250 but I would rate this at least a  6/10 as the person knew what he was doing, he did it quickly as well as knew when to stop. 
In my experience so far, I have seen that most hair stylists; no matter how good they are with adults, don't know how to handle children. They are somehow  unable to make the kid comfortable for a haircut. 
Makes me wonder, if I am asking for too much?  


The other places recommended to me are Head to Toe (Galleria), which I plan on trying out. Hope it lives up to its reputation. 
If you know any other child friendly place please do let me know. Would love to know 'Who cuts your child's hair?'
Till then - my search continues for 'THE' place to take my child for a haircut.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try out Magicc Mirror at Powai Plaza, opp Pizza hut it's on the 2nd floor

Nidhi said...

Will definitely check it out :)

gυяρяєєт яαη∂нαωα said...

Is there an update on salons for kids. I took my 1.5 yr old son to Enrich and it was a disaster. My son cried the entire duration and the stylist cut the hair as if he wanted my son to go to a fancy dress competition with weird hair.

Nidhi said...

One of the great places which I found kid friendly is B Blunt at Delphi building at hiranandani. They really do it well and my daughter and I love it.
Hope it helps.

GS said...

After a disaster with enrich tried ashraff scissors in galleria though it's not very famous the hair cutter is very friendly patient and understands what you want. My son is 3 and regularly goes there

GS said...

After a disaster with enrich tried ashraff scissors in galleria though it's not very famous the hair cutter is very friendly patient and understands what you want. My son is 3 and regularly goes there

Unknown said...

I get my 2 year old son's hair cut done at Head to Toe.Specifically ask for Javed as he does a quick and neat job.

Masooma said...

Hey...powai is difficult we go all the way to bandra to watermelon at ruff on hill road. It's a salon only for kids! There is only one hair dresser thus crowded but worth the wait. There is a car shaped chair with a small screen playing baby channels...they are totally equipped for kids. Charges are 150. I know it's far but worth every penny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...