Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mobile Phones for Moms - According to Me


A mobile phone is a luxury item to some and a necessary evil for others (especially when you want your out of control toddler to calm down in the car) ;). 

While there is a plethora of mobile phones available in the market.
Here are some of the features which make my mommy heart skip a beat.

1. Smartphones - A nice on-the-go gadget is quite a multipurpose tool for moms like me. It helps me schedule all my appointments. Whether, it is the PTM or the doctor's appointment it enables me stay on the ball. 

2. The camera - Any mom is aware that the most important and candid moments happen spontaenously and we need to be ever ready to capture them. So, a 5 MP camera is what I desire as a mom to get clear and crisp images / videos.
3. Browse, read and text - Multitasking is what moms do best and sometimes while putting a child to sleep I like to browse, read, catch up with my friends via sms. So, Good quick browser features in my must have list as I love to download some intelligent games, or quick easy recipes for my lil' one.
4. GPS - My direction sense is not so great and needs help especially when looking for 
birthday party locations, or while exploring a new place with my kiddo..With my quick GPS, I avoid the wrong turns (well! most of the time)
5. Love the apps - I love free apps especially the ones which are useful and can help keep my little busy body occupied for a while. And Touch phones can really keep those busy hands busy without any drastic repercussions.  
6. The Look - While I want the technical stuff in my phone I also like my phone to look desirable. It needs to suit my personality and my palm. 

Here are some of the phones which make it to my list of desirable phones for moms:
> Samsung Galaxy S II 
> Bling 2 
> Nokia Lumia 710
> Apple iPhone 4
BlackBerry 
LG KF900 Prada

Things to remember before buying...

Determine what you need and what type of main features are you looking for? 
  •  Make a budget:  it’s mainly about price and convenience for the family.
  • Research -   do a little research by reading online reviews  at www.gsmarena.com or ask a friend  Network: CDMA or GSM
  • Battery: Battery life should enable long talk time and standby time..
  • Operating System – 

o    Android: Highly competitive and very successful 
o    Symbian: has largest share in mobile OS market worldwide and is available on most of the high end nokia models.
o    Blackberry:  It suits well for business people. Windows:  includes full integration of Microsoft services. Windows Phone 7 introduces a modern one that seems to have a lot of potential with minimum hardware requirements.
o    IOS- The iPhone: The IOS GUI is best among all other OS in the current market.
  •        Internet: 3.G, 4G, GPRS/2.5G, 
  •        Wi-Fi
  •        PC Connectivity: Infrared, Bluetooth or USB/ Data cable (with PC Suite for more features )
  •          Camera and Multimedia Features - resolution (megapixels), lens focus type (automatic / fixed), flash (LED / xenon), optical zoom and video mode(frames per second).
  •          Touch screen Or Key pad

So, hope this post helps you become a more tech savvy mom. 

Do share your thoughts to help other moms out there to choose their own special mobile. 





2 comments:

International nursing recruitment said...

Thanks for sharing....
Very informative

Nidhi said...

Thank you...glad you liked it :)
Nidhi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...